Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Syllabub


Bloggers! I have been inspired, and delighted to find a new dessert that I had never heard of. It is called Syllabub. I love the name. What is a syllabub? Let me tell you!
It is a lemon cream whipped into submission, laced with lemon zest, and flavored with a flamed sherry wine (flaming means you pour a little of the alcohol into a gas flame and then set it aside til the flame goes out...it's really fun I assure you). I tasted this dessert at the Kings Arms Tavern in Williamsburg Virginia. A delightful, albeit pricey establishment where we were entertained with violin music while we dined. My Mother delighted me today when she found the recipe in a colonial cook book that I didn't know we had. The dessert in the picture is a syllabub.

School starts again today, and I'm hoping and praying that the rest of the semester goes smoothly.

Many of you have asked about my job, and so I might as well tell you that I am no longer working at Upper Crust. They did not have the time or inclination to train me, and so we parted ways. I was devastated at first, but it has turned out for the best. I'm much happier now, and can no longer stay up past midnight (which is a good thing), and I have been able to spend time with friends and go to church. So, what man intended for harm, God turned into good.

I have also joined a Bible study. It is a wonderful group of ladies, and I have so enjoyed being there. We share a meal, then discuss the book we're reading, "Is God Really In Control?" By Jerry Bridges, and then we spend time in prayer. I do admit that I was hesitant to join at first, because, I wasn't really close to any of the people going, but it has turned into the highlight of my week. I am enjoying the fellowship, and getting closer to God is always a rewarding experience.

Oh, I have also started jogging/running. While in Williamsburg I went to the spa adjacent to our hotel. There was a pool, work out room, and spa area. I weighed myself on one of the scales, and was definitely found wanting! I found that I weigh more than I thought I did and as such, have started exercising more. I'm still perfectly happy with how I look, I just want to get back to a healthy weight. I even made steamed salmon with a lemon vinaigrette last night for dinner. It was delicious and healthy. I have decided that I love running! And walking. It gives you a thrill, though I don't suppose I'm much good at it yet.
I always intend to write short posts on here, and it never seems to work. Oh well, I suppose that's it for now.
Blessings!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment